Monday, January 20, 2014

Boston Tournament



What I learned:
Reliability and stability are the core of a great design.
Do not overwork motors-if the circuit breaker trips, it’s bad.
Scissor lifts have tilting problems that are VERY hard to fix.
Bar-and-standoff beams are MUCH weaker than C-channels.
Spend lots of time practice driving.
If you have to go to a tournament tomorrow and you need to make major changes to your robot, don’t go.
If you don’t have time to make allies, make time.
It’s never too late to keep thinking big picture: How can I succeed now? How can I succeed in the future? How can I learn from not only my mistakes, but from all the mistakes I see?
All negative thoughts can be saved for after the tournament.
If you can’t right yourself, falling down loses matches. If it happens at all, it happens too much.
For everything, design for everything. It takes longer, but it’s worth it.
Only build if what you are building is what you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment